Updated March 4, 2020
Green Plains Inc. is the controller of and responsible for this Website. Green Plains has legal and legitimate business purposes for receiving and processing your data, including without limitation, to manage contacts for communication and customer care, ensure compliance with applicable laws, and in many cases based on your consent.
- On this Website.
- In email, text and other electronically transmitted messages or correspondence between you and this Website and/or Green Plains employees.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website or Green Plains, which provide dedicated, non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- When you interact with our merchandisers, sales personnel or other Green Plains representatives in connection with your purchase or sale of products or services.
- Any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
What We Mean by Personal Information.
“Personal Information” means
- Information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (as provided by you on a Vendor Form or Know Your Customer form) or other information defined by applicable law as personal information or personally identifiable information; and/or
- Information that relates to you as an identifiable individual, such as your IP address, your means of internet connectivity, or the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
The Types of Personal Information Green Plains Collects.
We collect data, including Personal Information, about you as you interact with us and use our websites, including this Site, products and services. The Personal Information we collect includes:
- Your name,
- Postal address (including billing and shipping address),
- Telephone and fax numbers,
- Email, IP and website addresses;
- FEIN or national identification number, such as Social Security Number;
- Driver’s license number,
- Credit card number or debit card number,
- Financial information when you apply for credit,
- Payment information such as financial institution name, routing number and account number;
- Age and signature,
- Commercial insurance coverage information, including policy numbers;
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased or considered, purchasing history and purchasing forecasts;
- Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our websites or applications;
- Geolocation data, such as physical location; and
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, such as profile information reflecting your preferences, characteristics and attitudes.
How Green Plains Collects Personal Information. We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our websites, including this Site.
- From third parties; for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect may include:
- Information you provide by completing forms located on our websites. This includes information you provide us at the time of requesting additional information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information you provide by completing Green Plains’ Customer Information Form, Credit Application, Vendor Form and/or Know Your Customer Form and supplying associated documentation (such as a current W9), including your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, federal employee identification number, national identification number, such as Social Security Number; financial information including name of banking institution, routing and account numbers; credit card and/or debit card numbers, citizenship information and signature.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our websites, including this Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our websites, including traffic data, location data, time and date visited, logs and other communication data, including the resources and information accessed and the time spent viewing same; the resources that you access and/or use while navigating the websites and other similar data.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, your network service provider, the equipment you use to access our websites, the mobile operating system and mobile services provider you use to access our websites and other similar data.
- Information about your age, your geolocation, your gender, language, market segment interests, whether you are a new or returning user, the frequency of your visits to and how you located our websites and other similar data.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and some of our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Green Plains, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may associate the Personal Information we collect automatically with other Personal Information we collect in other ways (such as Personal Information you provide) or receive from third parties.
We do not control third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information.
Green Plains does NOT sell your Personal Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To comply with legal obligations, including without limitation OFAC regulations and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- To contact you or your employer about commercial purchase or sales opportunities;
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the Personal Information and/or for which you’ve given us permission;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, and prevent or detect use or abuse of our services or products;
- To improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized user experience, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns and recognize you when you return;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Green Plains may also use your Personal Information to create aggregations of data, to perform statistical analyses and for other purposes, by omitting or removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated data about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Green Plains’ subsidiaries and affiliates for our internal business purposes, such as accounting and tax preparation.
- To contractors, auditors, attorneys, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and compliance obligations and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep the information we disclose, including Personal Information, confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Green Plains’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Green Plains is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide us an email address to contact you or your employer about future commercial opportunities, we may contact you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including in response to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Green Plains, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We are aware you have several rights in respect to how we process your Personal Information, which include but are not limited to, a right to access your Personal Information, be forgotten, restrict and/or object to processing in some circumstances and request your Personal Information be transferred to you or your nominated third party.
You may choose not to have your information disclosed to a third party (unless Green Plains is legally required to share it). You may also choose to not have your information used for a purpose materially different than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you.
We will take reasonable steps to give you the opportunity to correct inaccuracies in the Personal Information we retain concerning you and delete Personal Information concerning you upon your request, unless the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or where the rights of persons other than you would be violated.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. In some circumstances you may have the right to oppose the use or disclosure of your data or have your data deleted. You can do this by completing Green Plains’ Data Subject Access Request Form and contacting us as directed in the Contact Us section below.
To correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, limit purpose of use and disclosure, delete your Personal Information or for any other requests or questions, please complete Green Plains’ Data Subject Access Request Form and contact us as directed in the Contact Us section below. Once we have verified your identity, we will complete the request from you or an authorized agent you have designated.
We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe such action would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be inaccurate.
Green Plains will not discriminate against any individual for exercising his or her privacy rights outlined herein. This includes, but is not limited to, denying goods or services, changes in pricing or lower quality goods or services.
In addition, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Green Plains to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Green Plains as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Children Under the Age of 13.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13.
If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security and Data Retention.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information once we have it. We implement industry standard physical, administrative and technical security measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Payment transactions are encrypted using pro SSL technology.
If, despite these efforts, we learn of a security breach involving your Personal Information, when required by law or contractual obligations, we will notify you so appropriate protective steps may be taken. We are not responsible for unauthorized access to such Personal Information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures in the absence of negligence on the part of Green Plains.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
In addition, you may have access to other websites through our Site. These other sites may have different security practices and you should familiarize yourself with those practices.
We will retain your data, including Personal Information for at least as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. Applicable laws require Green Plains to maintain information regarding our customers, including contact information, identity, financial and transaction data, for at least seven (7) years after they cease being customers.
In some circumstances we will anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use and maintain such anonymized information without further notice to you.
Green Plains Inc.
Attn: Legal Department (Privacy)
1811 Aksarben Dr.
Omaha, NE 68106